Wine for Cheese
Our Perfect Matches of Wine for Cheese
Although it is a delight to pick certain wines for certain meals, it is always nice to find a great Wine for Cheese, just for those times when you just fancy a glass of wine and some nibbles to indulge yourself!
Many cheeses can be enhanced by a great matching wine and vice versa, so please click on the picture to the right and choose your best wine for cheese indulgence.
There are a few simple 'safe bets' such as the following:
- Chianti is great with a good Mozzarella or Aged Parmesan
- Merlot is divine with French soft cheeses! (Try Camembert or Brie)
- Port, the old time favourite with blue cheeses, such as Stilton
- Shiraz pairs deligtfully with a Strong Cheddar and even Edam!
- Pinot Noir is great with Gruyere or a nice piece of Feta
If you have any favourites, or even discover some new ones, let us know and we will add them to the list!